If you have previously suffered from a stroke or are at risk of suffering a stroke, wearing medical ID is essential to decreasing your risks of complications.
In an emergency such as a suspected stroke, every second truly counts. It is imperative that you get the appropriate treatment quickly and accurately so that your condition does not worsen and your recovery is maximised.
How does MedicAlert help?
MedicAlert supports you via our membership service and custom-made medical ID jewellery. Our jewellery enables emergency professionals to gain vital information from your secure emergency personal record.
MedicAlert membership costs only £32 per year; less than 10p per day, providing you with life-saving services and peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
- MedicAlert jewellery is always worn on your pulse points, and the front of each disc carries our international medical symbol; this ensures it's spotted promptly in an emergency
- The back of the MedicAlert disc would be engraved with 'HISTORY OF STROKE', our emergency telephone number, any other conditions or information as well as your unique membership number used to identify your personal record
- The emergency line is available 24/7, 365 days a year to first responders, police and healthcare professionals with translation services in over 100 languages and dialects. Wherever you are in the world, we can support you.
- Your personal record is as unique as you, with the flexibility to hold a variety of information such as:
- Health related conditions
- Scanned documents i.e. if you have an implant or pacemaker / ICD
- Advanced Decisions
- Emergency contacts so your loved ones will be notified quickly
For more information on how MedicAlert can help, click on one of the options below